Integrated Therapeutic Approach
Hope House School is committed to providing a holistic approach to nurture, learning and development for children and young people with autism.
For some children and young people there is an element of sensory over- or under-stimulation that can impact on daily life. Young people are regularly assessed using Autism Progression Tracker which helps to guide the development of support strategies and therapies. It plots the impact of autism has on functioning and provides strategies for reducing the negative effects.
Using autism descriptors as a base, it consists of a set of progressive levels in the following areas:
- Communication and Interaction
- Social Understanding and Relationships
- Sensory Processing
- Interests, routines and processing
- Emotional awareness and self-awareness
- Learning and engagement
- Healthy living
- Independence and community participation
Therapies at Hope House School include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Sensory Diet
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Educational Psychology and an integrated offer of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Intensive Interaction.